2 days tour overview
The far west of Tanzania gives home to two of Tanzania’s lesser known national parks: Katavi National Park and Mahale Mountains National Park. This western circuit is extremely remote, tricky to access and pretty costly to visit. As a result few people make the effort to come here and so it has remained an untouched, unique experience, and absolutely worth visiting.
Katavi National Park is a name to conjure with. It is one of the best parks in Africa and many safari operations would love to start camps here. However, the logistics and costs are so difficult, that there are only a couple of small, permanent safari camps sharing this 4,500km² of wilderness. You sometimes run across more prides of lion than other people on a game drive.
Day 1: Katavi National Park Safari
Early morning pick up from the hotel in Mpanda town for the journey to Katavi National Park with picnic lunch. Game drive in the park.
Dinner and overnight as per the standard and type of accommodation option requested.
Day 2: Game drive
After breakfast, Morning and afternoon game drive to Katavi’s inner side exploring animal congregations in the remaining pools of Katuma River. Evening drive back
End of Safari Services!!!
The safari and tour prices include
- Accommodation as per category stipulated in the itinerary.
- Transportation 4 x 4 safari land cruiser with a pop-up roof for game viewing & photography.
- Services of an English speaking driver-guide.
- All game viewing drives.
- All parks entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.
- All Government taxes and levies.
- Complimentary 2 liters mineral water per person per game drive in the safari vehicle.
- All arrival and departure transfers.
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary.
The safari and tour prices exclude
- All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills etc. Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver- guide(s). Budget approx.. $ 2.00 – $ 4.00 per person per day for lodge and hotel staff and $ 5.00 - $ 10.00 per person per day for driver-guides).
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- International flight
- Laundry services.
- Any other item(s) not included in our itinerary.
- Visa fees.
The departure dates for all our African safaris, tours, travel and other trekking packages are totally flexible according to your own personal needs. Please contact us for further and more detailed information, as well as information on our photographic packages, safaris, tours, travel and other trekking packages into Tanzania.