2 days tour overview
Mikumi National Park abuts the northern border of Africa’s biggest game reserve – the Selous – and is transacted by the surfaced road between Dar es Salaam and Iringa. It is thus the most accessible part of a 75,000 square kilometre (47,000 square mile) tract of wilderness that stretches east almost as far as the Indian Ocean. The open horizons and abundant wildlife of the Mkata Floodplain, the popular centrepiece of Mikumi, draw frequent comparisons to the more famous Serengeti Plains. More than 400 bird species have been recorded, with such colourful common residents as the lilac-breasted roller, yellow-throated long claw and bateleur eagle joined by a host of European migrants during the rainy season.
Hippos are the star attraction of the pair of pools situated 5km north of the main entrance gate, supported by an ever-changing cast of water birds.
DAY 1: Dar es Salaam - Mikumi National Park
Depart from the hotel just after breakfast and drive to Mikumi National Park, en route you will stop by a restaurant for lunch before proceeding to the park in the afternoon for the game drives which takes you till late hours when you head out to your accommodation for dinner and overnight.
DAY 2: Mikumi National Park - Dar es Salaam
Early morning game drives through the park, which takes you till lunch time, after lunch you will be driven back to Dar es Salaam where you will be dropped off at the place of your choice
End of Safari Services!!!
The safari and tour prices include
- Accommodation as per category stipulated in the itinerary.
- Transportation 4 x 4 safari land cruiser with a pop-up roof for game viewing & photography.
- Services of an English speaking driver-guide.
- All game viewing drives.
- All parks entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.
- All Government taxes and levies.
- Complimentary 2 liters mineral water per person per game drive in the safari vehicle.
- All arrival and departure transfers.
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary.
The safari and tour prices exclude
- All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills etc. Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver- guide(s). Budget approx.. $ 2.00 – $ 4.00 per person per day for lodge and hotel staff and $ 5.00 - $ 10.00 per person per day for driver-guides).
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- International flight
- Laundry services.
- Any other item(s) not included in our itinerary.
- Visa fees.
The departure dates for all our African safaris, tours, travel and other trekking packages are totally flexible according to your own personal needs. Please contact us for further and more detailed information, as well as information on our photographic packages, safaris, tours, travel and other trekking packages into Tanzania.