2 days tour overview
Ruaha National Park is is extremely interesting as it presents the transition zone where southern African and eastern African Species of flora and fauna overlap, therefore, it has unique variety of animals, birds and vegetation.
The park is one of the most remote and beautiful areas in Tanzania. Currently visitor numbers are low and you will frequently be the only car on the landscape.
This large conservation area is currently comparable to the Serengeti National Park in size at 10300 sq km and is Tanzania’s second largest National Park. The Rungwa ecosystem contains six protected areas, most famously Ruaha National Park. It is situated in the center of Tanzania about 130km west of the town of Iringa. Ruaha National Park is accessible year-round either by light aircraft from Dar es Salaam or Zanzibar, or by road through Iringa from Dar es Salaam (about 10 hours) via Mikumi or from Arusha via Dodoma.
Day 1- Transfer to Ruaha National Park
Pick up from the hotel or airport, breakfast, and then departure for Ruaha National Park, followed by lunch upon arrival. Afterwards, a game Drive until late sunset, Enjoy your dinner and overnight stay in the Government Bandas or hostels.
Day 2- Game viewing in Ruaha National Park
Full day of safari starting with a sunrise game drive, breakfast in the bush then driving until lunch at the camp: The game viewing will concentrate on the great Ruaha riverbank, Mwagusi Sand River and Mdonya River, ending with a sunset wilderness game drive to an exit gate before you start driving back to Iringa.
End of Safari Services!!!
The safari and tour prices include
- Accommodation as per category stipulated in the itinerary.
- Transportation 4 x 4 safari land cruiser with a pop-up roof for game viewing & photography.
- Services of an English speaking driver-guide.
- All game viewing drives.
- All parks entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.
- All Government taxes and levies.
- Complimentary 2 liters mineral water per person per game drive in the safari vehicle.
- All arrival and departure transfers.
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary.
The safari and tour prices exclude
- All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills etc. Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver- guide(s). Budget approx.. $ 2.00 – $ 4.00 per person per day for lodge and hotel staff and $ 5.00 - $ 10.00 per person per day for driver-guides).
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- International flight
- Laundry services.
- Any other item(s) not included in our itinerary.
- Visa fees.
The departure dates for all our African safaris, tours, travel and other trekking packages are totally flexible according to your own personal needs. Please contact us for further and more detailed information, as well as information on our photographic packages, safaris, tours, travel and other trekking packages into Tanzania.