3 days tour overview
Selous Game Reserve is a vast, 48,000-sq-km wilderness area lying at the heart of southern Tanzania. It is Africa’s largest wildlife reserve, and home to large herds of elephants, plus buffaloes, crocodiles, hippos, wild dogs, many bird species and some of Tanzania’s last remaining black rhinos. Bisecting it is the Rufiji River, which cuts a path past woodlands, grasslands and stands of borassus palm, and provides unparalleled water-based wildlife watching.
Day 1 - Arrival at Selous Game Reserve
Fly from Arusha or Dar es Salaam to Selous Game Reserve where you will be met by your Guide who will immediately whisk you away for a dynamic boat safari through this enormous park. Adventuring through Selous by boat gives you a perfect chance to explore the waterways of Selous including the impressive Rufiji River.
The water channels in the park create a diverse environment and attracts all manner of wildlife, including a large population of Elephants!
After your wet and wild journey, your guide will take you to your accommodation for dinner and some well earned rest under the stars.
Selous Game Reserve: After a delicious breakfast, you will depart bright and early at 8 am, for a full day game drives safari. A day spent in Selous will bring you face to face with elephants, giraffe, hippo, crocodile, wild dogs, rhinos and countless colorful bird species!
You will be served lunch within the park, surrounded by nature. After which you will press on in search of the next exciting encounter.
You’ll be taken back to your accommodation before sundown for a dinner with plenty of time to prepare for your final days of safari!
Day 3 Selous Game Reserve before departure
Today you will rise with the birds for a 6 am walking safari! You’ll spend the next 2-3 hours connecting with nature before leaving the park and heading to the airport for your flight back to Dar es Salaam or Arusha for homebound flight
End of Safari Services!!!
The safari and tour prices include
- Accommodation as per category stipulated in the itinerary.
- Transportation 4 x 4 safari land cruiser with a pop-up roof for game viewing & photography.
- Services of an English speaking driver-guide.
- All game viewing drives.
- All parks entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.
- All Government taxes and levies.
- Complimentary 2 liters mineral water per person per game drive in the safari vehicle.
- All arrival and departure transfers.
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary.
The safari and tour prices exclude
- All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills etc. Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver- guide(s). Budget approx.. $ 2.00 – $ 4.00 per person per day for lodge and hotel staff and $ 5.00 - $ 10.00 per person per day for driver-guides).
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- International flight
- Laundry services.
- Any other item(s) not included in our itinerary.
- Visa fees.
The departure dates for all our African safaris, tours, travel and other trekking packages are totally flexible according to your own personal needs. Please contact us for further and more detailed information, as well as information on our photographic packages, safaris, tours, travel and other trekking packages into Tanzania.