The Rongai route is the only route that approaches Kilimanjaro from the north, close to the Kenyan border. Though gaining popularity amongst climbers, Rongai has low traffic. It is the preferred route for those looking for an alternative to the crowded Marangu route, for those who would like a more remote hike, and for those who are climbing during the rainy season
The minimum number of days required for this route is 6 days, and seven days are recommended. Although the scenery is not as varied as the western routes, Rongai makes up for this by passing through true wilderness areas for days before joining the Marangu route at Kibo camp. This route descends down the Marangu route. Rongai is a moderately difficult route, and is highly recommended, especially for those with less backpacking experience.
• Private transport to & from Kilimanjaro International Airport to your accommodations in Moshi.
• 2 nights of accommodation in Moshi.
• Transportation to & from the Kilimanjaro gate
• Park entry fees,
• Camping fees
• Team Kilimanjaro Rescue fees
• Mountain tents
• Sleeping Mats
• Professional mountain guides, cook and porters
• Constant health checkups during your climb
• 3 hot meals daily while on the mountain
• Enough treated & filtered drinking water throughout the trek
• Hot water for washing
• Fair wages for the mountain crew
• Government taxes
• Emergency first-aid kit
• 18% VAT on tour fees & services
● Drinks at your hotel before and after the climb.
● Portable flush toilet with a toilet and tent
● Portable oxygen tanks
● Travel insurance
● Laundry (Available at the hotel)
● Personal items and toiletries
● Tips for guides, porters and cook
• Guides: $20/day/guide
• Cook: $15/day
• Porter: $10/day/porter