Terms and Condition
The Terms and Conditions regulate the terms and conditions between Tanzania Horizon Safaris. (hereafter referred to as "Company") and you (hereafter referred to as "Client").
Bookings and the following contract become legally binding in Arusha / Tanzania. Therefore apply the regulations and laws of the Democratic Republic of Tanzania.
Bookings can only be accepted to persons who are under 18 years of age when accompanied by an adult who will be responsible for them.
PAYMENTS & DEPOSIT
Upon acceptance of the offered travel 30% deposit is payable by the client, the booking is approved after incoming payments. The deposit is a part of the total amount for the travel payments.
*If the full amount is not paid at least four (4) weeks prior to departure, the Company reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled and the deposit shall be forfeited.
* Clients/Agents booking within four (4) weeks of tour departure are required to pay the full amount immediately to secure the reservation.
* All bank charges are to be settled by the client or agent respectively. This includes transaction fees charged by our bank.
The amount shown on the invoice, is the amount that needs to reflect in our account and should bank charges have been deducted, we would have to invoice you subsequently.
MODIFICATION OF BOOKINGS
If the client requests a modification of the consisting booking (for example modification of the trip events, reclassified flight tickets, modification of accommodation, edited number of the subscriber etc.) he must keep in touch with Tanzania Horizon Safaris in time. In this case a booking transfer fee of 50 € is calculated. To provide best services, last-minute modifications of itineries can create delays or interfere the original setup. Though all is our team is always dedicated to our clients requests, we advice our clients to keep to the original schedule if possible. All modifications during safari can not be refunded.
* Cancellations must be sent in writing to the office that confirmed the reservation. Cancellations shall only be effective from the date of receipt of cancellation by the booking office. In case of a booking cancellation, the Company shall retain the full deposit.
*If a booking is cancelled the client is subject to a cancellation fee as follows:
until 4 weeks prior to departure – 30% Cancellation Fee
4-2 weeks prior to departure – 50% Cancellation Fee
2-1 weeks prior to departure – 75% Cancellation Fee
less then 1 week prior to departure – 100% Cancellation Fee
* The Company reserves the right to cancel any tour at its sole and absolute discretion, without prior notification in instances where this is unavoidable. However, in that case the Company agrees to refund all monies already paid by the client. This shall be the Company’s sole responsibility to the client and no claim for any damages, howsoever arising, shall accrue against the company.
TRAVEL DOCUMENTS /PASSPORTS, VISAS AND OTHER TRAVEL PAPERS
* It is the client’s sole responsibility to ensure that passports, visas, health certificates, proof of vaccinations and any other documentation required are all in order for the countries to be visited.
* The Company cannot be held liable for any consequences, damages or claims if the client does not attend correctly to the client’s documentation and related matters prior to commencement of the tour.
* At any time, all baggage and personal effects are at the client’s responsibility and the Company does not accept any liability for any loss or damage of any personal effects, howsoever arising.
* Clients are entitled to one bag of not more than 15 kg (backpack or soft bag – no hardtop suitcase) and a daypack. The Company reserves the right to refuse excess baggage. Please notice that on our trekking tours and on some “bush” flights other baggage regulations may apply.
* The client accepts that all tours are of an adventurous nature and involve an element of personal risk. Neither the Company nor any of its agents can be held liable in any way for any injury, loss of life or damage to property, howsoever caused. The client hereby indemnifies the Company and will hold the Company, its agent, assigns and servants harmless from any such claim.
* The client accepts full responsibility for all risks involved.
* We request our clients to be on time for all departures as delays caused by clients can lead to unforseen risks. We kindly ask our clients to listen to our professional guides and tour leaders.
AUTHORITY ON TOUR
* The decisions of the Company’s guide/driver on tour shall at all times be final and binding.
* The client must at all times comply with the laws, customs and foreign exchange regulations of all countries visited.
* Misbehaviour, threatening, violating or rude behaviour of any participant can lead to end of safari. It is our guides/drivers/tour leaders decision to end safari if needed.
* The Company reserves the right to use any photographs and videos taken during tours for marketing or any other advertising material. The client hereby gives consent to use such photographs and authorises the Company to retain copyright for these photographs and such material.
* Unforeseen circumstances including but not limited to war, mechanical breakdowns, weather, riots and other unforeseen reasons beyond the control of the Company may cause delays or alterations to the tour. The Company shall not be held liable in any way for any of these possible occurrences or any consequences, which may arise as a result of these.
* All our prices are based on the current national park fees and taxes. There have been ongoing talks that East African countries will be undergoing changes to tax regulations in 2016. Should the authorities decide on increasing fees and taxes, even though they might currently not be scheduled, we would subsequently have to pass on these increases.
START / END OF THE TOUR
The tour begins with the transfer from the airport and it ends with the transfer to the airport on the agreed dates. In case of delay at the airport for your international or domestic flight, arrangement for meals, overnight accommodation etc. should be made by your airline, not by Tanzania Horizon Safaris.
© Tanzania Horizon Safaris 2018. Arusha, Republic of Tanzania.