The Rongai route is the only route that approaches Kilimanjaro from the north, close to the Kenyan border. Although Rongai is becoming increasingly popular among climbers, it has little traffic. It is the preferred route for those seeking an alternative to the crowded Marangu route, those who prefer a more remote hike, and those climbing during the rainy season.
The minimum number of days required for this route is 6 days and seven days is recommended. Although the landscape is not as varied as the western routes, Rongai makes up for this by passing through almost untouched wilderness areas for a long time before joining the Marangu route from Kibo Camp. The descent is via the Marangu Route. The Rongai Route is a moderately difficult route and highly recommended, especially for those with less mountain experience.
● Private transportation to and from Kilimanjaro International Airport to your accommodation in Moshi.
● 2 nights in Moshi.
● Transportation to and from Kilimanjaro Gate
● Park entrance fees
● Camping fees
● Crater fee (if applicable)
● Team Kilimanjaro Rescue fees
● 18% VAT on tour fees and services
● 4 Season Mountain Tents
● Sleeping mats
● Friendly and professional mountain guides, cook and porters
● 3 meals daily on the mountain
● Sufficient treated and filtered drinking water throughout the hike
● Hot water for washing
● Fair wages for the mountain crew
● Government taxes
● Oxygen measuring device
● Emergency first aid kit
● Mountaineering certificates
● Food and drinks at your hotel before and after the climb.
● Portable flush toilet with toilet and tent
● Portable oxygen tanks
● Travel insurance
● Laundry (available at the hotel)
● Personal items and toiletries
● Tips for guides, porters and cook
Für die komplette Gruppe (nicht pro Person)
We create unforgettable memories with safety, quality and support of the local community in mind.